Mastering the Art of Operating a Floor Cleaning Machine
Operating a floor cleaning machine can be likened to driving a car – all you need to do is steer in the direction you want to go. Walk-behind floor cleaning machines, with their lightweight design, can be easily moved up steps or placed in vehicles. Furthermore, their handles can be folded down for transport, and their tanks can be effortlessly detached with one hand.
The machines are intuitively colour-coded, with yellow denoting operational components and grey indicating areas for maintenance. This intuitive design eliminates confusion and makes the machines user-friendly, even for beginners.
Making an Informed Choice: Selecting the Best Floor Cleaning Machine
Before you decide on a specific machine, there are several factors to consider. Here’s a guide to help you navigate through these considerations:
- Space: Take into account the size of the area you need to clean. Are the spaces large or cluttered? Is it a high-traffic area that may be disrupted by a noisy or bulky model?
- Type of dirt: Consider the kind of dirt or debris the machine will typically be cleaning. For heavy-duty cleaning, ride-on models are usually the better choice.
- Budget: Determine how much you can spend. Opting for a quality refurbished machine, such as those offered by Kärcher, can help you secure a top-notch machine within your budget.
- Tank size: Tank sizes vary. Depending on the area you need to clean, you’ll need to choose a tank size that won’t require frequent refilling.
- Power source: You can choose between battery-powered or mains-powered machines, and for larger jobs there are diesel and petrol options. For battery-powered machines, ensure the battery life is sufficient to complete the job. For mains-powered machines, consider the length of the cord and the proximity of power outlets.
- Noise level: In consumer spaces like hotels or care settings like hospitals, where minimal disturbance is crucial, a quieter model may be necessary.
The Cost Factor: What Does an Industrial Scrubber Cost?
While buying a machine outright can cost anywhere from £2,000 to £20,000, purchasing a used machine can be more cost-effective. With Kärcher’s refurbished machines, there is no significant upfront outlay, freeing up capital to be used elsewhere in your business. Moreover, hiring costs are fully tax-deductible, allowing for reductions in your tax bill in the first year. Plus, with hiring, you won’t be burdened with servicing bills.
Adapting to Various Flooring Types
Whether you need a floor scrubber for a wooden floor, tile floor, concrete, or any other surface, floor cleaning machines can adapt to all of these. With adjustable features like different brush types, disc types, and sizes, these machines can cater to a variety of uses. You can even adjust the down pressure to suit different flooring types.
Your Next Step
Maintaining clean, hygienic floors is a crucial aspect of running a successful business. If you’re ready to take your commercial cleaning to the next level, consider investing in a quality refurbished floor cleaning machine from Kärcher. Our machines are reliable, efficient, and versatile, ensuring you get the best value for your money. Browse our website or contact us today to explore our wide range of offerings. We’re confident that we can help you find the perfect cleaning solution for your business.